Astral Projection/Out of Body Experience
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sleep Paralysis

4 posters

Go down

Sleep Paralysis Empty Sleep Paralysis

Post by Admin Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:21 pm

Today we'll be talking about Sleep Paralysis/ Sleep Catalepsy /and the Hypnagogic State.

Last edited by Admin on Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:52 pm; edited 2 times in total

Admin
Admin

https://bradyackroyd.canadaboard.net

Back to top Go down

Sleep Paralysis Empty Re: Sleep Paralysis

Post by Admin Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:48 pm

Let me begin by introducing myself. My name is Brady Ackroyd. My Projections and Out of Body Experiences started to begin about 4 years ago. Not slow by any means. They started off strong and aggressive. I suppose it began when I would wake to my hole body paralyzed. Even though I'm a man, I can't say I wasn't scared. This would persist for a couple weeks until the vibrations started. My hole body would start buzzing and it sounded like I was standing next to some railroad tracks. Other times I would hear static, like from a radio, even music a few dozen times. When this hole phenomena started, I thought I was the only one this was happening to. Down the road I started floating out my body just like the rest. But this subject is on Sleep Paralysis. Just like the others I would start to see the shadow people. Hell, one even got on my bed, right next to me. Funny, as soon as I stopped believing in shadow people I stopped seeing them. Or maybe I still see them, but now with a new set of eyes. We'll get to that another day. The thing I feel everybody should know is that Sleep Paralysis is normal, it happens to everyone every single night. Whether it's good or bad, that depends on your belief system.
Thank You for your time.
Please reply. --Brady Ackroyd--

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:29 am

Hi. I never achieved a full astral projection, so i can't give my own input into this subject. But i decided to join in as i'm fascinated with this kind of matters. I started practicing meditation a few years ago, but i was never really consistent with it. One of the things to which i aspire to in my spiritual path is to astral travel. During my meditations, with a goal to get to this state, i got as far as to vibrations. But only a few times, and snapped out of it, primarily out of fear. I read a lot about out of body experiences and watched a lot of videos (i was even fortunate to view those two videos you deleted from your yt channel), so i know that i shouldn't be scared of anything but it's something that is easier to say than do. Knowing that going into experience with fear would only manifest more things to be scared of i took the whole path to astral projection a bit slower, and in time i hope and believe that i will be ready to travel and share my experiences like you.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by DaisyMadison80 Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:05 pm

I had my first astral projection a few days ago. Though it wasn't quite what I expected. I was lying down meditating during the day and waited for my body to fall asleep and felt the vibrations. Then I imagined myself floating out of my body. I never felt my spirit leave my body which is what Im confused about. I opened my eyes and realized I was almost to the ceiling. I couldn't believe it so I turned around and sure enough I saw my body sleeping in my bedroom. I wasn't sure if I Was supposed to walk but I really wanted to fly. I hovered above the floor and thought that was pretty neat so I kept doing that.
I wanted to know if I could go through walls so I slowly put my hand through the bedroom wall and when that worked I carefully put my whole spirit through the wall. I floated through another bedroom and then another. Somehow I ended up in the livingroom and that's when I realized this realm wasn't earth. I recognized my furniture but it was all spread out in this living rooms I didn't recognize. Then I saw my 11 year old son was home from school And figured I should get back to my body before he found me. I was still in awe at how different things looked yet the same too.
I returned to my body and woke up. It was then i realized my son was not home from school and it was only 10:30 am. I had been meditating for just over an hour. The experience was so real yet i realized in my house in my OBE it wasn't my house or any house I've ever lived in before. In the OBE it felt like my home but when I relived everything that happened I realized it wasn't at all the time earth I knew. This house felt like it was up high almost in the clouds and it was a 2 story house with 3 bedrooms on the second floor. The house I really live in is a one story rambler. The furniture was different in some rooms but the kitchen was nothing like my home.
I don't know what to make of this. It was the coolest experience. I remember feeling my arm go through the walls and how that physically felt yet yet I never left the other house and didn't see any other spirits.
I'm very excited to try this again this week.

DaisyMadison80

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:53 pm

That was a cool experience Daisy. I've read that in this earth part of the astral realm (or whatever it's called) that you find yourself when you start projecting, everything is a mixed manifestation of our thoughts and thoughts of others in some way. So the house you were in is not only your house the way you see it but also the house made in the way others see it, or have seen it, or the way others that were in it remember it. So, for example, someone who visited you some time ago might remember a couch being somewhere else than it really is and then you see it elsewhere in the astral. Or someone might have lived in this house before and had a different furniture that is still manifested in the astral. House being bigger than it is could be a manifestation of your son's view point from when he was little when everything seamed bigger to him. It also may be that the house will be built up a few stories higher in the future (or someone is thinking of it) which are already there when you project. Of course these are all just examples of what could be, and i can't even know if the theory that i'm presenting is true, but just wanted to give something to think about Smile

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by backroyd1981 Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:04 pm

Last night I woke up to my whole body paralysed (sleep paralysis). I could hear buzzing, and my heart chakra was going a hundred miles an hour. I immideitly pictured myself rolling (like a log in water). After the second atempt I spiritualy rolled right out of my physical body. I floated to the window and attempted to put my hand through the glass. With little resistance my hand and arm went straight through the window. I made a direct command... "take me to my brother". I immideitly felf a pressence pick me up from behind. We flew through the wall and out onto the driveway. I felt an electric charge build up in my torso. The next thing I new we were racing through the night sky at a very face pace. I could see the streetlights fly by as we climbed in altitude. I looked behind my shoulder and saw a womens face. Through experience I chose not to talk to my personal taxi. Instead I focused on my brother. I was expecting to arrive at my brothers apartment. Instead I arrived at a restrant/bar, where my brother works. I observed him serving other customers as I floated around the bar. The visual and audio was spot on. A few minutes passed and I noticed my vision was fading. I could no longer see efficiently. I immediately thought of my physical body. A few moments later I was back in my bedroom. The paralysis was waring off, and my hearing was back to normal. When I got up I started journaling. This experience in one of many projections. The more I get out of body the easier it becomes.
                                           Brady Ackroyd

backroyd1981

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:04 am

My name is Brady Ackroyd, and this is my story. Looking back at 2009 something changed in my life. I had my first OBE (Out of Body Experience). According to Wikipedia, 1 in 10 people have had an out of body experience once or more commonly several times in their life. This is obviously allot more common than I realized. For me, my first few OBEs were very profound. Not only was it a visual event, but also a physical one as well. I remember lying in my bed almost asleep when this presence came over me. I could here music softly playing in the background. I laid completely still as something came over me. My body felt weird. One minute I could move the next minute I couldn't. This is what experts call "Sleep Paralysis". This occurs when a person is waking from or falling into REM sleep, the state in which most vivid dreams/OBE occur. But I didn't know that at the time. Once I realized I couldn't move my body, fear began to set in. I closed my eyes, and the next thing I knew I was walking down the hallway towards the bathroom. I flipped on the light and looked in the mirror with horror. My reflection wasn't there. I immediately ran back to my room only to see myself lying in bed. My eyes were closed. I started shaking my head back and forth willing myself to wake up, and I did. I had no idea what had happened. I knew it wasn't a dream because I wasn't asleep. Wikipedia goes on to say, some of those who experience OBEs claimed to have willed themselves out of their bodies, while others report having found themselves being pulled from their bodies (usually preceded by a feeling of paralysis). Now I've had DILDs "dream-initiated lucid dream" for years now. That's where the dreamer acquires awareness of being in a dream while fully involved in it. Otherwise known as a Lucid Dream. Have you ever had a dream where you were completely aware you were dreaming? Now I've asked this question to several people, and to my surprise hardly anyone has had this experience. Before I decided to educate myself, I was almost certain that I was in fact leaving my body during an OBE. One minute I'm lying in bed, feeling strange bodily sensations , vibrations, and hearing odd noises. Then the next thing I know I'm rising out of my body, floating above the bed. I wanted to share this experience with another person, but what would I say. I had no word or definition to describe what had happened to me. I would most likely come off as a psychopath. So I kept it to myself, keeping a journal of every OBE I ever had. Falling asleep physically without losing wakefulness. The "Mind Awake, Body Asleep" state is widely suggested as a cause of OBEs, voluntary and otherwise. I was surprised to learn that Thomas Edison used this state to tackle problems while working on his inventions. It seems very possible that at least some OBEs arise from the same conditions as sleep paralysis, and that these two terms may actually be naming two aspects of the same phenomenon. At the present time I'm having Out of Body Experiences as often as 3 times a week. Over time, I've learned how to initiate them. I would love to hear your experiences, and/or your views on this particular matter. You can also search my first and last name on YouTube, and enjoy my videos on Astral Projection/ Out of body Experiences. Thank You!
Brady Ackroyd

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:45 am

Three years ago there was something deep inside, but I had no way to describe it. I thought I may be losing my sanity until I read the book Journeys out of the Body by Robert Monroe. I was blown away from the start. I didn't just relate to his story. It was my story. For once I was able to understand what I had been going through. Night after night I would wake up with this horrible restriction, unable to move or call out for help. And when I was able to make a sound, it would come out as a weak pathetic whimper. Some nights I would wake to my body paralyzed , unable to move a single muscle. Other times it was much worse. Not only was I paralyzed, but I would actually see people walking around my bed. Sometimes on my bed. It was horrible. It would start with my body rigidly locking up. The only thing I could manage to move we're my eyes. I would hear my back sliding door slowly opening. Then, footsteps coming down my hallway. The fear was so intense, I would break out in a cold sweat. Then the door handle, and the creek of the door slowly opening. Talk about feeling helpless. I never before felt that kind of paralyzingly fear. I never got a good look at my uninvited guests. It was always to dark. It seemed as if they were just shadows. But not on the wall, they would actually be moving around like real people. And the feeling of hatred. The whole damn thing felt evil. Like Satin himself was there. It wasn't till much later that I realize these were just hallucinations. Mind awake, body asleep. It took a lot of practice to go through this process calmly. But when I did, I was able to achieve separation.

Brady Ackroyd

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum